Weight Loss & Fat Burning Foods
The current eating habits teamed up with the plethora of junk food options available has caught us up in a messy web made up of unhealthy and fatty diet routine. The taste has gained a triumph over healthy eating habits. We unknowingly consume a lot of calorie contents in the form of junk foods.
The trend of eating out has also become one of the primary reasons for an increase in calorie consumption and weight gain in most people. Fat accumulates in the body in different parts resulting into a bulging belly and a misshaped body. Over a period, our body loses its shape, and the fat gets deposited and becomes hard to break down.
Fat is not at all bad if it is consumed in the right amount. It is a necessary element required in the body. The fat acts as a shock absorber; cushion against jerks experienced by your body and also protects your body organs from getting injured. The fat present in our body is of two types, the essential fat, and the stored fat. Let’s discuss one at a time.
- Essential Fat – It’s the positive fat which is found in various organs and parts of the body like lungs, kidneys, liver, muscles, central nervous system, bone marrow and other organs. A woman’s body contains 12% of essential fats in the areas like breasts, pelvic area, etc., while, a man’s body contains only 3% of the essential fat.
- Storage Fat – The storage fat is the one which is present in our skin, muscles and various other body parts. Storage fat acts as a cushion against any jerks experienced by our body.
It is essential to lead a healthy lifestyle by controlling our eating habits. There are several food items which can help break down the stubborn storage fat and lose weight. These miracle food items are not only useful for weight loss, but are also great for your skin, hair, and body wellness.
They contain active detox elements and keep your mind relaxed too. Here are top fat burning foods which you must consume to burn fat in your body:
- Soups – Prepare soups of vegetables you like and mix the ones which you do not otherwise like to consume. Soups do not contain fats hence; they are great when served before meals. Soups fill up your stomach, and so you end up eating less during meals.
- Avocado – Avocado contains healthy unsaturated fat which helps to get rid of the bad fat accumulated in the body. You can add avocados in milkshake prepared with skimmed milk. Or, you can cut some thin slices of avocado and eat with baked meat. Avocado mash mixed with oats is a great meal too.
- Low Fat Dairy Products – Researches have proved that low-fat dairy products like cheese and yogurt are great to burn body fat. These products are rich in calcium and vitamin D which help to build muscles and stronger bones.
- Cantaloupes – This fruit is incredibly delicious and savory to taste. Cantaloupes help in reducing body weight. Having cantaloupes regulates your metabolism and bowel movement which stops your body from gaining or accumulating extra fat.
- Eggs – Eggs are excellent. They are rich in protein. Consuming two eggs for breakfast works for every type of body. The protein in eggs takes a lot of stamina and energy to break down. Thereby, it helps in burning fat in your body. Because eggs have high amounts of protein, they assist the body in building muscles.
- Cinnamon – Until today, cinnamon has been traditionally added to only food. Only a few know the magical properties and benefits of cinnamon. It is a great resource for reducing weight and for weight watchers. Consuming a teaspoon of cinnamon powder every day before your breakfast can accelerate the fat burning process in our body. Cinnamon also helps in reducing blood sugar levels and has miraculous mind relaxing properties.
- Green Tea – Green tea has proven to be an excellent source to cut down those extra kilos from the body. Having a cup of green tea daily is a healthy habit, and many people have resorted to drinking green tea over milk tea, daily. Green tea is a less refined form of the actual tea which we generally consumer. Thus, the core benefits of the tea remain intact. It has excellent anti-oxidant properties. Green tea is a detox for skin and is beneficial for reducing weight.
- Greek Yogurt – Yogurt acts as a great substitute for butter, cream, cheese and other fatty products. While butter and cheese increase your weight, yogurt, on the other hand, helps in burning fat and tastes great too. One can consume yogurt directly or by adding it in a bowl of fruits.
- Blue Berries – Blueberries are delicious and are effective for weight loss. Blueberries contain fiber and copper; they are helpful for developing a strong immune system.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – It has been proved that Apple cider vinegar is great to lose weight. One of the prominent benefits of it is that it helps lowering down hunger pangs by keeping one energized. It is important to consume apple cider vinegar mixed with a glass of water, one teaspoon of lemon juice, and honey, before breakfast. Note: Never drink apple cider vinegar directly!
- Salmon – Salmon is a rich source of protein and contains a low amount of saturated fat. One can have salmon in many forms- baked or grilled.
- Flax Seeds – Flax seeds are rich in fiber and are a fantastic source of omega 3. Having flax seeds increases metabolism, and thereby helps in burning the excess fat. Flax seeds also help avoid any further fat accumulation. Flax seeds have great detoxifying properties too.
- Turkey Breast – Turkey breast is delicious & helps burn belly fat. Turkey breast can be baked or grilled and adding lemon juice enhances its taste and flavors. If one is following a low car diet, then turkey breast is a great meal option.
- Asparagus – Asparagus has numerous health benefits. It helps regulate the digestive system which in turn, helps avoid fat accumulation and cuts down the extra kilos from the body.
- Olive Oil – Indian ghee and fatty vegetable oils should be replaced by olive oil if one desires a toned body. Olive oil detoxifies bad fat and other impurities; cooking food in olive oil lowers the food’s calorie content.
- Spinach – Spinach is rich in iron, vitamin, magnesium, oxalates, protein and other minerals. So many healthy elements in just one vegetable! Spinach increases metabolism rate.
- Broccoli – Broccoli, if eaten on a daily basis can result in tremendous weight loss. Consuming steamed broccoli along with other healthy vegetables brings great results.
- Pears – Pears are far more fibrous than apples and have excellent antioxidant properties. The fruit contains essential vitamins and minerals which help regulate the digestive system. Consuming pears on daily basis results in considerable weight loss.
- Cucumber – Cucumber helps control body weight; it is fantastic for skin and has great detoxifying properties. It is also rich in anti-oxidants, magnesium and vitamin C and has anti-inflammatory elements which are great for both body and skin.
- Whole Wheat Bread (Brown Bread) – White bread contributes to our increasing weight. Whole wheat bread should replace it for whole wheat bread is rich in fiber and regulates the digestive system.
- Hot Peppers – Hot peppers can spice up the otherwise everyday meal. Jalapeno, chipolatas, and habaneros are some of the hot peppers which burn body fat. They are rich in vitamin C and are great anti-oxidants.
- Tomatoes – Tomatoes are great anti-oxidants and contain zero fat and cholesterol. To add tomatoes in one’s everyday diet is perfect for they help flush out toxins and harmful wastes from our body. Eating tomatoes make skin radiant.
- Mushrooms – Mushrooms have low calorie and make one feel full for long. They help burn body fat. Mushrooms can be boiled or stir fried and can be consumed daily.
- Lentils – Lentils are rich in protein and contain zero calorie and fats. Consuming lentils on a daily basis help reduce body weight. They are also an excellent source of energy.
- Pineapple – Pineapples are low in calorie and have zero fats or cholesterol. One can add them to salads and yogurt. They are fantastic to beat sweet cravings.
- Pine Nuts – Pine nuts are rich in phytonutrient which is a dietary supplement. Though they contain high calorie, it is not at all harmful if one eats in appropriate quantities. These Pine nuts help suppress hunger pangs and keep one energized for the day.
- Chicken Breast – Chicken can help you reduce weight if the right part is consumed. Including steamed or grilled chicken breast in one’s diet gives a high amount of protein which further helps in reducing excess body weight.
- Beans – Beans help keep tummy full. There are several ways to add beans to one’s diet. Boil them and consume them with meat, or one can have a bowl full of bean soup.
- Onions – Onions are great anti-oxidants and help burn fat.
- Oatmeal – It is best to consume oatmeal for breakfast. Oatmeal is a great weight reducing agent. Delicious oatmeal can be made by adding honey, berries, milk, and bananas.
Losing weight is a continuous process which brings great results when performed with the help of a healthy routine. Include these awesome fat burning foods to your daily diet to see remarkable results.