Weight Loss Exercises
Obesity is one of the serious health issues. Due to a sedentary lifestyle, people are glued to their work desks and couches in four-walled rooms in the office and at home. The absence of physical body movement and a proper workout routine further results in excess fat accumulation. Being too lazy or tired to workout in a gym with proper healthy diet has an adverse effect on our health.
Obesity is a serious issue which results in many other grave diseases such as, heart problems, high cholesterol levels, high blood pressure, thyroid, high blood sugar level, etc. Needless to say, these diseases have further other health consequences of their own.
A proper schedule which includes a dedicated amount of time fixed for daily weight loss exercises is essential to lose weight and have the body we all desire to own but fail to achieve.
Some quick and simple weight loss exercises to try at home:
These exercises are simple and quick and can be easily performed at home! These effective fat burning weight loss exercises need only five minutes from your daily routine. Utilize the most spacious area of your house to perform the below-listed exercises.
- Leg Lift Exercise– This exercise burns tummy and abdominal fat. One must dedicate at least 30 seconds to this exercise, daily.
Steps to perform leg lifts
- Lie down straight on the ground by stretching your legs straight as your hands rest on your sides.
- Pull your legs up, together, stretch them apart a little and push them towards your chest.
- As you go down, slowly join your legs together.
- Inverted ‘V’ Exercise– The inverted V exercise is a super easy exercise which can be done at home. If you do this exercise for at least 30 seconds daily, then it will show you tremendously great results.
Steps to perform inverted ‘V’ exercise
- Place a mat on the floor and go on your all fours, by resting your body on your palms and feet.
- Place a soft cotton towel beneath your palms so that your palms don’t hurt or get irritated during the exercise.
- Move your legs closer to your shoulder so that your body is suspended in the air like the shape of an inverted ‘V.’
- Start by pushing your legs away from your shoulder by keeping your feet attached to their original place.
- Move front and back. Repeat.
- Boat Exercise– This exercise adds a lot of pressure on the abdominal area, hands, shoulders and legs and helps burn fat fast.
Steps to perform boat exercise
- Lie down on a mat on the ground by facing towards the ground.
- Keep your hands suspended straight on the ground and your legs straight too.
- Take a deep breath and pull your shoulders and legs up from the ground, while your lower abdomen is resting on the floor, giving your body a boat like shape.
- Hold yourself in the position for a few seconds.
- And then, release your breath while going back to the first position. Repeat this step several times daily.
- Squats– Squats help tremendously in losing the fat from the body. They involve a lot of pressure and stamina.
Steps to perform squats
- Stand straight on the ground with your feet at a distance equal to the width of your shoulder.
- Place your hands on the back of your head or keep them parallel to the ground.
- Now move down into a squat position and hold it for a few seconds.
- Go back to the previous position, and repeat several times.
- Jumping Squats– Jumping squats are an effective cardio exercise which a lot of people include in their daily fitness routine. This exercise works on the abdominal area, thighs, and calves and helps tone them.
Steps to perform jumping squats
- Stand straight on the ground. Put your hands on the back of your head.
- Keep your feet at a distance which is equal to the width of your shoulder.
- Bend into a squat position without bending your back. Hold yourself into the squat position for a few seconds and jump as you go back to the first position.
- Bend Your Leg And Rotate– This exercise puts a lot of stamina and pressure on your legs and thighs.
Steps to perform
- Stand straight on the ground and bend your left knee.
- Pull your knee towards your upper abdomen and rotate the bent knee in a circular direction for at least 15 seconds.
- Put leg down and stand on your feet.
- Now repeat with the other leg.
- Single Leg Lift And Jump Exercise- This exercise is a bit tricky, but as one gets used to it, one gets comfortable with it and enjoy doing it.
Steps to perform single leg lift and jump exercise
- Stand straight and lift your left leg up by bending your knee a bit.
- Suspend your body against the ground by resting your upper body on your palms and one foot, keeping your left leg bent.
- Go into the sitting position and jump as you go up.
- Remember, to keep your leg bent during the exercise.
- Repeat several times by switching the legs.
- Push Up And Knee Kick– A quick and very effective exercise!
Steps to perform push up and knee kick
- Start by doing a simple push up exercise.
- Do a push up once and then bend your right knee to touch the right elbow.
- Do a push-up and bend your left knee to touch your left elbow.
- Repeat and perform 5-10 sets
- Inverted Shoulder Press– This exercise requires a lot of stamina, and one may also feel dizzy post doing it. So, start with smaller sets and continue as you get comfortable with it.
Steps to perform inverted shoulder press
- Position yourself exactly like mentioned in the inverted ‘V’ exercise.
- Press your shoulder towards the ground so that your head touches the ground. Hold on to this position for a few seconds, then go back up.
- Repeat several times.
- Rope Skipping– Needs no introduction. Rope Skipping is easy and doesn’t require any instructions!
- Glute Bridge Exercise– Glute bridge exercise attacks the lower abdominal fat of your body.
Steps to perform glute bridge exercise
- Lie down on your back by keeping your hands on your side.
- Move your feet towards your lower back with your knees bent in such a way that it stays perpendicular to your knees.
- Lift your left knee towards your chest and hold it for a few seconds.
- Put your feet back to the previous position. Lift your right knee towards your chest and repeat.
- Alternating Lunge– This is an easy exercise which burns fat from the bottom and increases body flexibility.
Steps to perform alternating lunge
- Stand straight on the ground. This distance between your feet should be equal to your shoulder’s width.
- Move your right leg in front and bend your right knee.
- Continue this with both the legs.
- Rotating T– Rotating T is a simple exercise which needs lesser time than the other listed exercises and one can easily perform them at home.
Steps to perform rotating T
- Get into the push-up position.
- Lift your right hand and turn to the side and then lift your left hand and turn to the left.
- Repeat this exercise alternatively.
- Skater Hops– This exercise helps in toning up your body and increases your stamina.
Steps to perform skater hops
- Stand straight.
- Jump on the left with your right leg up at the back in the air pointing left, then jump on the right with your left leg up at the back in the air pointing right.
- Keep your hips and knees bent slightly so that you do not feel any sudden jerk.
- Do several rounds.
- Crunches– Crunches are quite effective in burning abdominal fat.
Steps to perform crunches
- Lie down on your back with your hands behind your head.
- Bend your knees by resting your feet on the ground.
- Breathe in and as you move your upper body up, making a 30-40 degree angle from the ground, breathe out. Hold for two seconds, then go back to the previous position.
- Repeat it ten times at least.
- Push Ups– Push ups are best for men to lose weight and tone up the muscles.
Steps to perform push ups
- Rest your body on the ground and gently pull yourself up so that your body rests on your fours.
- Go back to the previous position and again pull yourself up without your knees touching the ground.
- Repeat several sets.
- Cardio– Cardio involves a lot of strength. These exercises burn fat quickly. One can simply dedicate some time to cardio exercises daily at home to begin their weight loss journey
Weight loss is not as difficult as it seems. If one doesn’t wish to hit the gym, one needs to only dedicate thirty minutes to these highly effective weight loss exercises to burn unwanted fat from the body and to stay fit.